Smart Insights. Agency B2B digital marketing plan example
Put your agency at the forefront of clients’ minds and become a thought leader in your market
How will this example plan help me and my business?
Marketers’ needs are changing at an incredible rate, influenced heavily by technology, data, consumer demands, talent, and financial pressures. Marketing agencies must be adaptive and reflective of clients’ needs in order to stay ahead of continuous developments. Those who can adapt are likely to flourish, and that means having a detailed marketing plan to work from and KPIs to measure against.
This example plan has been created, both as an example for you to read, and a template to modify with your agency’s targets and strategies. It considers a hypothetical agency, Splurge, that primarily works with martech businesses and presents an example of how the company could grow its leads, engage new audiences, and monitor its marketing activities closer.
Who is this plan for?
This example plan has been created to show marketers how to structure a digital marketing plan that will increase the online profile of a marketing agency. It has been written so that marketers at every level can understand the actions required and how they fit into an overall strategy.
KPIs in this plan have been marked with Xs so that you can fill in your own company’s targets when you adapt it.
How is the plan structured?
This plan has been written for Splurge, an example digital marketing agency that primarily works with martech clients. It is structured into the following sections:
- Summary of integrated digital strategy (including company background and internal analysis)
- Opportunities currently available in digital marketing (the company’s current performance and key issues/under-utilized channels)
- Strategy to achieve objectives
- Actions to implement digital strategy
- Author: Sarah Lindley
- Format: Example marketing plan (Word document)
About the author
Sarah Lindley, Managing Director at The Yorkshire Marketing Agency, is an award-winning Chartered Marketer. Sarah holds over 10 years’ experience in implementing results-driven marketing and communications strategies, plans, and campaigns.
About Smart Insights
How can we help you improve your marketing skills?
We are a publisher and online learning platform aimed at helping our members plan, manage and optimize their marketing. We do this by providing expert downloadable planning templates, guides and interactive tools, so you have access to the knowledge you need to get the best results, no matter what industry you’re in or how big your business is.
Our aim is to help you get more leads and sales with integrated digital marketing so you can make the most of the opportunities offered by digital transformation. We’re proud to share the exciting potential of digital marketing with over 150,000 active members, as well as a monthly readership of more than half a million.
Digital marketing and technology experts Dr. Dave Chaffey and Stuart Miller launched Smart Insights in 2010 with the aim of providing marketing professionals with the best source of practical know-how to take advantage of the opportunities of digital marketing. Our overall goal was, and still is, to save marketers time trying to find quality advice and frameworks to improve their marketing processes amongst the variable quality available across the web.
Through our RACE Planning Framework and our templates, guides and e-learning courses created by 25 experienced marketing consultants we wanted to offer a cost-effective way for marketers to review and improve their marketing.
Since this time, we’ve grown our active members and daily members hugely, while also increasing our team of content developers, interaction designers, customer support and account managers to provide quality support and advice to our members in more than 170 countries.
How do we help our members and partners
We help individuals improve their personal digital marketing skills and businesses of all sizes increase their leads and sales by creating action plans to transform their use of digital media, technology and data.
Here’s how we do this:
- Free Membership helps marketers get started with the basics and find out what we’re all about. It provides access to a number of helpful sample guides and templates, as well as regular e-newsletters.
- Individual Membership helps individual marketers develop their skills and further their careers. Our tailored content is aimed at helping you become more effective in their roles and team by improving their marketing competencies.
- Business Membership provides organizations of all sizes and from all sectors the opportunity to transform their omnichannel marketing capabilities and improve their results by improving the skills of team members through e-learning and guides.
- Content Partnerships are our advertising program that supports martech vendors and agencies by growing awareness and providing leads through our range of PR and advertising options.